:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

September 18, 2009

Do you remember this?



I read one of these recently....infact I had almost forgotten champak!!
I just hd been refering to 'champak' for the 'duffers' I came across in my routine ...

I can't tell you how happy I felt reading one. The stories seemed so funny, the cheeku-meeku stories and the butterfly gossips...haha. I couldn't stop laughing....was i really enjoying this as a kid? Well..I must tell you....its worth every minute of reading...its fun people!! out of curiosity...just googled a few lines on this legend called champak which is as follows....


Champak is a children’s fortnightly magazine named after a tropical flower. It has been on the scene from 1968 being published by Delhi Press Group. Today Champak is available in eight languages – Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telegu and Malayalam. Its founder is Vishwa Nath (1917-2002).
Champak consists of modern stories for children with a moral tone. It does not try to smuggle in adult folk tales as stuff for children. Champak continues to remain a household name and a hot favourite for seniors of today who were green fans of Champak yesterday.

...If you have lived your childhood on the Indian soil....you have read this too!
If not, You missed something yaar...not something intellectual, but it was something 'for us'.

4 comments:

ATT said...

Those days of Champak and Gokulam stories/ comic columns! So nostalgic.

Three-years back I bought these for my nephews/nieces to notice that the number of pages have gone down drastically. Even through the years of my childhood when the magazines were subscribed to, had noticed the same - but it was not drastic then!

Anonymous said...

ohh those were the days..my parents always used to buy champak, nandan, suman-saurabh, chanda-mama, baalhans etc for me and my brother when we were kids and after finished reading it, we traded them with the neighbourhood kids for bainkelal and naagraj ;));))

offcorse i surely remeber this:D:D

S. said...

i too read champak.they never loose the da fun :D

Anand said...

Really miss those days. I used to write stories and submit to Champak, and even send situations etc for Raghu character in Tinkle!