Ten things that prove I don't live in the present...
- On a friday evening, I am the happiest thinking about what I would do on saturday. On saturday, I am saddened by the thought of monday following that one sunday. In effect, I don't live my friday evening....I live half my saturday..and sunday just goes by.
- I brought myself a mango bar...while relishing it, halfway through I was disheartened that it's almost getting over. That means..I enjoyed eating it for only half of the time.
- While driving back from the factory, my only aim was to see as minimum traffic as possible and I could see my home....I just wanted to reach back.I had started planning what to do after getting home, what to eat, whom to call up etc. Did I even try to enjoy the drive?
- When I look back at my photographs of Australia, I get completely lost in the past. I hope and dream of getting there again in future. All my memories....I keep revising. Present?
- I dont enjoy my company at current workplace, but fortunately I got some good work to do. I keep comparing this to my earlier one...where I had good friends but the work sucked! what for now?
- Friends....I have many, fought with a few...in touch with the rest. But 'school times were the best'....I keep going back in time. The same friends from school...some I despise , some I treasure. I spend time wondering...'How this happened'...
- I am eating a sandwich from the street. Similar to the one I had during college times. Probably tastier! I go back to college canteen...and the ganna juice near the station...> wishing to get back to college soon again. Oh..but did I enjoy studying then? How come now?
- My blogs...I have started thinking that my writing was better a few years back. Then why am I writing now? I still love what I write....but somehow am not convinced. Too Much...
- How sincere at workout I was ( although for a short time). How fit I intend to be. But what do I plan to do about it now? No clue....just waiting for some kick!
- Finally, what I did just now writing the above 9 points.....
Does it happen to you too?
6 comments:
All the things you mentioned happen to me to every single day. The concept of living in the moment is amazing the way it sounds. But if we live like that we are called irresponsible and someone who does not care about his/her future. The sweet spot somewhere in the middle, which i am trying to find and i am sure most are. Hopefully we will find it someday.
nice one. and yup it happens to me... living in the past or the future... the present never seems happening enough.
Does it happen to you too?
All the time :).. Dont u rem we r twin sisters ;)
Oh but u have to get over austarlia now... (think of greener pastures like USA :P) .... and start hitting the gym again.
Whenever living in the present seems tough or time in present is short, I borrow two hours from tomorrow and in this way I owe 12 years to my future
Hum hai aanewala kal kehta hai koi
Jab humko aaj ki khabar hi nahi
Kya fikar ho mujhe kal ki
Jab shaayad kal mera hai hi nahi
(Tomorrow never comes!!)
Life just goes on!
Post a Comment