Its been more than a month that I watched Delhi6- sitting right in the second row, tilting my neck throughout , to watch a disaster-peice. However, on hearing Masakali..there's a different thought all together, a change of mind. I didn't intend to critique this movie...on my blog atleast. Couldn't Control though..
The director's receipe for a perfect Bollywood flick didn't turn out yummy. There was masala..( was there any?) I suppose. But not enough tangy or spicy to pacify the hungry audience....always hungry for a 'hit'..or a 'superhit'. Needless to say...masakali was a superhit...but not Delhi6. Did masakali even deserve to be in Delhi? Rahman ,Prasoon and Mohit...thanks to you, people atleast remember where this 'masakali' was tried to be fit into...I mean the movie.
I read that Rakesh had to shell out out Rs. 13000 a day to hire Masakali , a dove from Assam for this movie. And that this dove was a selection after many rejections( of the ever-fluttering pigeons). Probably the pigeons saw the big picture...but my dear dove got stuck being a narcissist!
The movie is a superflop. Period. What was Rakesh even trying to do out there? A kaala bandar had to take away the limelight after all this mehanat...phew! Ah yes..I get it...Rakesh wanted Sonam kapoor ( the metaphoric Masakali) to realise her dreams..to know that she was free to cherish life..and what not. I liked the first half of the movie, hoping to see an obvious bollywood-style ending. But who was the Kala Bandar there? To me...her strawberry- nosed papa, Om Puri, seemed like a villian not letting her pursue her dream. So where did this thing about Hindu -Muslim conflict come in between? Better title would have been 'Khichdi6'.
And Abhi baby...what were you upto? Some wobbling of the semi-Kewl-dude accent? I am happy...sonam actually spat out water on you, in the name of a song. And how could I forget to mention....the BIG B(lunder) giving gyaan in between. Like we were foolish enough to not understand the mess we were watching!
Waheeda ji...If you had to visit Delhi and relive memories, you could have told me. I would have taken you there. Why did you have to tell Rakesh to take you around? Poor thing...
Rakesh bhai...you need it big time..a Vacation! Go on a holiday...relax and chill out yaar. Think nice..think neat..and CTC ( cut-the crap). I loved your Rang De Basanti. What happened to you after that?
3 comments:
Totally agree :-) Wonder how Mr.Mehra and Mr. Banshali manage to create such disasters after great gems. I assume that why they say there is fine line between genius and eccentric
You posted a comment on my friend's blog which somehow landed up in my gmail inbox and that is how I am here, writing this comment!
Nice post...Wasn't even considering watching this movie and after reading your well written post, my stand is vindicated :)
Haven't seen the movie. Don't think I ever will. You notice that all the movies which have Abhishek playng a phoren return are flops?
Post a Comment