:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

April 20, 2009

Slumdog part 2

As the world awaited the release of the much hyped Danny's millionaire, few hoped for a better life ahead. Further, as the Golden Globe came as an obvious-surprise, new hopes were born - in the minds of the million slumdogs, their families and relatives. 
Look at this picture of Rubina and her father...an orninary pic, but says a lot I think. Perfect expressions! ( courtesy Time 'o India)

The most recent reports of 'Rubina-sale' deal whether or not a reality, boggle me. Rafiq ( her father) denies having made any such deal and states that the sting operation was a trap. Rubina is a kid and probably does not realise how big a cash-cow she is for her family! If the allegations turn true, then Danny, I would say you've made a mistake. A mistake of creating hope in the mind of millions, who wish to grow from rags to riches in no time. I am not talking about Jamal wining the quiz and becoming a millionaire here. Its about these young kids you chose for your movie...I would say you hit them (slum dwellers) where it hurt most! If this ain't correct, I dont see a reason why a lady in the slum took her 2 day old child to Parvez (the model coordinator who chose Rubina for the role) so that she could get some money...hopefully big money. Danny, your movie is over, however publicity still on, bucks still pouring in. Your attempt at creating a fund for the benefit of these slum kids, to help them study and showing them a carrot sounds great. I hope you succeed in your attempt. But what are you going to do about their parents?...they want to get rich too!! 
And on the other hand, if papa Rafiq is not doing so on his own...reporters speculate some political twist and the involvement of some political activist in this drama. Whoa...too much at stake..huh? 
Rafiq is probably hinting this to Danny...
Danny Danny
-Yes papa( Rubina's)
Eating money...??
-No papa..
Open your cash box..
-$ $ $!!!

Can somebody from the film fraternity today give an assurance for seeing Rubina and Azhar ( her co-star) as rich and famous, and aboveall...educated, good citizens in future. Some 10 years down the line, Can I read about their progress in any paper? Is somebody taking charge?
Anyway, even the actors of Salaam Mumbai were back to rags after intial glory. There's something in the footpath that's magnetic and magnificient; that brings these people back to where they came from. No attempt to change their lifestyle works well. Forget the movie, take the MMRDA Buildings that were built near Kanjurmarg ( in Mumbai) to move people from Chawls. What happened...these guys sold the flats for a Lakh or so  after a year...and are back on the roads. 
This itself can be a story for Slumdog Part 2. Whatever said and done, If Rubina is destined to, she will make it big. I guess that's what the movie says too...

No comments: