:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

April 16, 2007

Remembering him


I exist. I am no symbol of magnanimity. I seem to belittle the law of nature “survival of the fittest”. I have been doing what I know best- putting people in a fix. It’s not that I want them to hang in there. I am just trying to test their patience. But when nothing seems to go right, people tend to blame me.

Be it in school, college or the corporate houses. People cant just live without chanting my name. I feel elated at times, but dejected most others. I have calendars, books and posters just dedicated to me. Like it’s some kind of honor. I think I shouldn’t be too modest here now….anyway. Mother Nature has not taught anybody to overlook the mistakes in any case. But people do and they say I was there. Like I am some kinda ghost.

Why? What have I done? It’s not my fault even when you just enter the loo and the door bell rings! And c’mon you are going to find a thing only in the last place you search. What’s so special about this fact? I don’t get it.
Did I tell you to drop the bread on the carpet with the buttered side below? Sorry my math is weak. I don’t know the equation between speed and the pull. My cousin (Newton’s child) knows better. Unfortunately we siblings never get along well. Like all siblings, we try and compete on superiority. The fight is still on!

My parents too never got along well. No wonder he called Mother Nature a bitch! He said mom had her own laws and rules of life, which he couldn’t accept. Chauvinism dawned upon him quite early in life. Nevertheless he realized it was his responsibility as a single parent to raise me. He managed to pass on his thoughts to me and I am glad the world sees him through me. Whether it is pain or pleasure, people remember us.
I am quite old now. But I hope to remain in people’s minds always (mind you…I can never stay in their hearts). I just want to let people know, that I mean no harm. I just remind them that if things can go wrong, they will.
My name is Law. I owe everything to this dude called Murphy who fathered me. I am Murphy’s Law…his baby!

No comments: