:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

November 09, 2006

on compliments and workouts!

"omg!! you have put on weight"...this is a straightforward indication for you to work on the flab!
"hmm....you look plump, but not fat"....is a milder way of saying..." Get going before u bloat!"

..."you look like a diamond"....This was the wierdest comment I heard....ofcourse about myself. I didn't know if it was really a compliment....coz I did think my face was glowing n I felt nice abt myself. But that was a cheeky way to actually make me realise that I infact resembled a diamond perched on its edge....a nice squarish one!! I know....the explanation to the comment was as strange as the comment itself.
Ok...I was a diamond. Now what? Was my ego hurt and was I on a mission to mirror a drumstick? Naah..
Or was I really doing that? I remember I joined the gym within a week of that (compliment)comin my way. I gave up eating cheese....my fav. Following the conventional dieter's diet was my unconventional step indeed. I got back into a fit n fine sculpture and was delighted. I felt happy about myself, became active and was a better person. All thanks to the 'Diamond'- A woman's best friend.
But my fetish for chocolates n sweets did gradually take away the shine off me. Blame it on my inconsistent workouts and consistent cravings. This time around, I did not have my 'fitness- watchdog' to get me back on track. Luckily, the feel-good factor of the past motivated me to join the gym again!! Wait a sec....why am I talking about going to the gym, like its been a fad? I think I fancy it more than anything. Thanks to 'diamonds' like me, the gyms' financial condition can never go bad.'Benevolence in abundance' has been my mission inadvertantly. My instructors at gym think, the program given to me is too strenuous or something -the reason I bunk quite often. Little do they know of my persistent laziness to slog it out! But, knowing how much I know of it...its high time, I work towards it!