:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

March 31, 2009

On your face

This was at the Mumbai airport on Fri Morning while I was waiting to board my flight to Bengaluru. I usually dont like to sit idle; I am either reading  a newspaper or a book, or best talking to somebody. But this time around, I didn't pick any of these options. Rather, after my security check I chose to sit and stare all others  going through the check.

What an insight...!!( ofcourse into the minds of the people). Obviously the Ladies section was shielded by a curtain, so cudn't read them.There were gentlemen...all well built and in all frames and shades. As the security personnel frisked each passenger, the expression that each one bore was interesting. First of all , everyone was aware of what was to be done...hands upright and all metalic belongings on the desk etc etc. But the best thing to note was the tinge of suspicion that everyone had. There were tons of..'what if's ' on their minds...which they definitely couldn't have dared ask anyone. From the corner of their eye, a few glanced at the adjacent passenger, and whether he was being frisked well enough! 
All thanks to the 26/11 incident, the face of terror and the events that follow are clear enough in each one's mind. I can't get myself to be a normal ..cool and calm passenger anymore. Yes I admit, I am paranoid. So are the 25000 odd people at the airport....or rather peope across the country. Be it a school, a railway station or even a hospital. 
I had about 25 minutes to board the flight, and I managed to observe atleast 50 of them. My concentration gave way finally. But I couldn't stop thinking of the lag in security from the starting point to the boarding port(Iam definitely not letting them out here...!!)

No amount of badmouthing the terrorist will do, no amount of political match plan will work. Can't help being cynical...I see no escape. The answer was there some decades ago, but now the true-lies have been so nicely interwoven, that even the best of the best feel handicapped and captive. 
Bloody Terrorists!  

2 comments:

Venkat said...

I totally agree. It is a very uncomfortable feeling in the airports not to mention in the trains as well. As you say, things have changed for ever. We will be living with it till we die. Hope that in the meantime we do not miss the beautiful things around us. :)

ATT said...

The Indian system of 'Babu'dom will never change. The tendency - media will exaggerate and the cynic citizen will rare risks, downplay common risks. Solution is nowhere, but sometime somewhere everything has to end.