:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

March 15, 2009

Mono- tone-us

"Namashar, kya mein Prem Venkat se baat kar raha huun? Airtel se mein XYZ baat kar raha huun. Aapka request lodge hua tha pincode change ke liye. Kripya note karein, wah abh change kar diya gay hai. Appke agle bill mein reflact hoga. Airtel se sampark karne ke liye dhanyavaad. XYZ se baat karne ke liye aur aapka samay dene ke liye dhanyavaad. Aapka din shubh ho."
All this in just 15 seconds...

I dont exactly pity these customer care associates. Why should I pity them?..afterall they are doing their job, they chose their job!What amuses me is the sheer monotony that has crept in the response methodology. I bet only 3/10 would be avaiable to listen to the entire script, whereas the rest are just there to get point-to-point info. The company expects them to be courteous and respectful to the core as we are their honorable customers. Beyond a limit it gets too much though. Should I or should I not bother that XYZ could not even get my name right?

Including me, customers are funny. If we are intimated about a request completed, we fret about being reminded about every little thing. If not, we crib about lack of proper information. What then is an associate supposed to do? 
This is just one I spoke to, there are millions across the country calling- from- the call-centre. Low cost country we are ...Iam sure. Monotony mahots..that's also what we are!

No comments: