Memories in March...
Full 3 Dhamaal...
Mod...
In an attempt to watch movies of a different kind , last week I chanced upon these 3 movies , courtesy Youtube.
Memories in march is all about real life. On its face, the movie has no great song or dance sequence to it. There is drama....of course, real drama. Only two things happen in the movie- A mother is coming to terms with her only son's death and second, accepting the fact that he was gay. There are some movies that draw you into the scenes, and this was one for me. Nothing too sentimental or nothing too melodramatic! It was refreshing to see a mother come to accept her son's gay partner as a friend, much like how she would treat her bahu-to-be. The subtleties in relationships and how the people in the ad world reveal or rather conceal their emotions is quite neatly shown. Rituparno Ghosh is a strong writer and definitely knows to act too.
Many could pass this off as a silly or not-so-great movie. I would say, look at its concept, the characters and the acting. Rest is just there!
Full 3 dhamaal is a marathi movie by Mahesh Kothare about three wonderful women ( as the director chose to call them) tormented by their saas and gharelu kit-kit. They meet by chance and revive the college-ke-din and the fun by planning a secret outing for the New year's eve. I liked a few dialogues...and the funny comical way it was enacted. Half way though, I knew where it was going and exactly, it doomed in the end. Was it even worth watching? That was the feeling I got after I finished it...yeah, I forced myself to watch it completely.
Since I know marathi , say 85% well, the comedy and certain lingo from this movie certainly amused me. overall I'd give it a 5/10. It could have been much better knowing that Marathi cinema is no short of amazing stuff. Anyway, my purpose was served. I needed to revise my Marathi, now that I am outta jai-Maharashtra!
Mod. I 'd say Nagesh kukunoor hume kiss mod pe le aaye? He wants us to think that his movies are really good. yeah, some of them were good. Now c'mon Nagesh you want us to pass you on every damn movie you make? And for heavens..you seem to have a life long contract with Ayesha Takia post Rockford days. Tasveer 8X10 was wierd too. But you had something to work it out-some suspense. Talking about this movie, which person (fool) is going to wait for 10 years to give a gift to his crush? Ok even further, this fool jumps to his death because his best friend prompted him to and eventually this best friend has a dual personality!!! you kiddin me? And the age old bollywood doctor (Anant Mahadevan) offered his services at the mental asyllum only to let Ayesha Takia cure his patient with the TLC in the end. What did you want to show in the movie? The daughter whose mom left - with her dad had to have some completion , the father was trying to quit drinking and start teaching music, this daughter repairs watches and daily repairs the one that the dual-personalitied person brings along...(oh what patience in today's world). You made it an 'and -they-lived-happily-ever-after' movie.....why?
Only things worth appreciation- the Ganga station, the train and the scenary! A very tranquil atmosphere in all. (Kudos)Kukunoor....you took science to a whole new level! I wonder if this is you or your alter ego?
No comments:
Post a Comment