:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

July 16, 2010

5 years and 10 hours

The first time that I have landed at an international destination. Like a fool...i have my connecting flight in next 1 hour...and I know I have a long way to walk. Yes dear...its Sydney International airport. I don't even know where I am ...I just know...I am in the right direction.I am happy..Iam tensed...all mixed emotions in me.
I have walked for 35 minutes now....am now getting into a bus to reach the domestic terminal. It all feels so fresh and nice...I am excited, two of my friends are coming to the airport to pick me up. After a lovely 10 minute drive..( yes, everything seems lovely), I arrive where I am to depart again from.But it's already late...I should be boarding now. But I'm just in the queue for checking in!!! Holy..."shit, I don't have money to buy new tickets, I am missing my flight...my parents will shoot me for missing my flight......oh shit.." I think I should just leave my bags in the queue and just beg and plead the lady to let me go..... I do that. And she says.." we'l put you in the next flight which is at half past". I again ask..." Am I supposed to pay anything extra..???"...."NO".....Ahhh...what a relief.
I'm hungry...and tired and sleepy. The sight of that clumsy vegan burger on Quantas and the thought that it was just 3 hours that I slept on flight and this stupid air hostess...one old lady..just had to wake me up..for another stupid boring tasteless breaky...All fresh in my mind. Making me more hungry..
Anyway, I am just waiting to board the flight. I smell fresh coffee...
Like the smartest of asses in the world...I have not bothered to keep change. All I have is a $50 note plus a few 100's! and I remember my brother having told me to keep change. So to avoid any kind of belittlement as I suppose, I will stay quiet and sacrifice that one cuppa coffee too.
Alright, I am boarding now. I know its a half an hour flight..Should I even expect a snack. Its been 10 minutes on..and I got nothing. I just have an apple from the previous flight..which I am not going to eat..( I have just had a dental treatment 2 days before I left India...do you expect me to ruin it by biting into that fruit directly...no way...Dental treatments are shit expensive abroad)
yipee..I have landed at Brisbane domestic airport...my friends are waiting helplessly..( aware that I had missed the flight, but obvious)..
But being the sweetest people that I knew them as...They are taking me to my new home. On way..I am promised of a chicken biryani dinner at 'Chutney Mary's.....
Well...I see the city...and its already an hour long drive...> finally I reach home. These guys are helping me get the luggage in..while Roshni is just waiting for me to get home so that she could leave for work. A sweet Mallu rommie..but I already have thoughts like...should I trust her to be nice?
Roshni says.." Prema, there's some chicken curry of last nite ...you can eat it for dinner if you want to. I will be back after 10 pm..I have the keys"...
ok..bye roshni....
"Alright Prema...your dinner is done...you must be tired. It's friday Night...we have a party...so we gotta go. Call us if you need anything..else we'l see you in the morning"...
I have no choice ..but to say.." ok guys..thank you so much.."

The new apartment...all silent and dark by 7 pm...its Winter...its cold. I don't know whether to watch the TV...or to call up any friends and talk to them...
Knowing nothing..being in a new place...left all alone ( although for just 8 hours more)...I feel like I have left everything to settle for this loneliness. I know nothing...nobody...and thats it...'tears are rolling down. I am crying so that I feel better...and then will feel so sleepy and retire....

Every single scene is so fresh in my mind. This happened Exactly 5 years and some 10 hours back....The attire that I was in...the lectures that I had been advised ( by friends and folks), thoughts of my first day at Uni..my meeting of new people..new friends...my orientation trip to Couran cove island...

My experience of living in Australia...of having met some of the best people...I can never forget!

Saale residency ke jhanjhat ne vaat laga di .....


4 comments:

Vinod Anandan said...

girl u refreshed all the memories...well dont remember if we went to Chutney Mary that day...nice to read....

really had great time.....

DiDo said...

Lolll lovedd the lastt lines...sahii hai heroine :P

Vasant Marur said...

The more you travel into past, the more it will hurt you. FREE !!

Amulya Nagaraj said...

haha... i remember my experience as just being really bright and lots of space. God! I miss that place... it'll be 3 years since i returned on 21st... time sure flies!