Thinking back, I remember my principal at school giving us daily morn- gyaan ..his words of wisdom, I say so. Back then it seemed like a drab...just another ritual before entering the main foyer of the school. Saying a " please may I enter the class" seemed like a never ending line...whereas we loved using " can I come in teacher?"...(Ofcourse we could)
Now there are so many avenues to let these thankyou's and sorries out. But our Khandani- kanjusi pulls us away from doing so. How many times do we travel by a bus or a rick or a cab? Do we thank them anyway..? Of late I have started practising this; I do come across wierd expressions at times. It doesn't take much effort, but uttering it without any regard is no great thing. Just think of how good you feel when somebody genuinely thanks you. Wouldn't you love to try the same for others?
We do love our retail therapies, with so many customer-service-executives to our help at any store. At times they get us our items to us, they help us pack the stuff, they make suggestions ( not exactly for our good), but do we care to thank them?
The compilation of these words is a page from the 'courtesy dictionary' as I call it. Not being courteous is a big offence only to a few. The rest are blissfully least bothered to even attempt being courteous.wow!
Coming to 'a billion dollar smile'..( Now that's worth a lot), we are so selective. We want to smile only at the persons we know...or rather the ones we like. The rest are a NO. And even if we do, by mistake, its so not our real smile. I travel by this one particular bus daily, its now my-permanent- mode-of -travel. I do see the same faces everyday...and yes I have a few ' smile buddies'. We haven't exchanged any words...but just a nod of acquaintance with a simple smile...now that's something genuine we have got habituated to.
At work, most of us greet each other with a ' good morning' and a 'morning smile'. Few love to carry their homely baggage of frustrations or some luggage of inhibition. Forget the smile, a few love to 'just not look at you in the face'. These are few great ones too...
Anyway, lets try giving up our kanjusi for sometime. It fun!
P:S:: My friends who expect me to give up my kanjusi...as in make sure I treat them soon...[ now that's something you need to wait and watch for...:)]
1 comment:
I agree with you and in not being kanjoos you yourself feel better.
Post a Comment