:---:

You are welcome to read my posts...
Warning: Contents may get your dormant grey cells activated!

September 09, 2007

Magenta's on my mind

I am at my maternal unc and aunt’s. I definitely know my aunt is fond of pets, but I don’t know what my unc thinks of them. I have been to their place many times, but today it all seems quite different. I feel as if I am entering an unknown place, but a nice peaceful house. Something is new. Is it the new crimson curtain in the hall or is it the bunch of paper flowers kept near the table? Is it the botanical greenery soothing my eyes or is it the new velvety carpet brushing my feet?
I see my cousin. She is more beautiful than I’ve ever known. I think she resembles some celebrity. I just cannot recall. She’s never rude or probably doesn’t know how to ill-talk. But today she seems to be just the opposite. I am still wondering how to converse with her. And then I just start. We are talking about dogs…. (Definitely dogs and not guys for a change). I like labs and she loves golden retrievers. We talk poodles and pinks. But in a minute I see there’s a new creature in their house. A magenta colored lab…..strange. Isn’t it? I have always been scared of dogs…but I adore them too. And now I have just geared up some guts to cuddle this new pet of theirs.
My unc, I learnt, hates to have them home. But for some strange reason, he today is just enjoying with the magenta magic! What’s wrong? All strange things happening today? Suddenly my niece lands in there. What a surprise again. But I see her as a grown up teen when all I know is that she’s just three. And she’s telling me she hates her other cousin….my nephew again.
I just can’t stay here any longer. I realize that this is either real and I badly need to catch up on time or its time I open my eyes to reality (whatever’s real either way!!)

I wanna meet Anu ..who's gonna be traveling to Russia soon. I have Pya's wedding to attend next week in Kerala where I plan to gift a magenta sari. Wishing I can catch a glimpse of the backwaters and the greenery there! I have been thinking of changing my home décor and getting myself a makeover too. And I am thinking of getting a pet. Last week I saw my niece and nephew fight at a family function and I just relived my of my sibling- rivalry- sessions. But all I know now is… its time to get into the daily routine!!

Did I just try and fit the jigsaw of my life in my dream? The characters in my dreams are as real I am. My dreams are always crazy and I do remember most. Quite often it’s a combination of dreams and a permutation of the characters!

No comments: